ACPM 114: Data Analysis Course
Africa Center for Project Management is pleased to announce a Certificate Course in Data Analysis Online and Distance Learning, which starts 1st of every month
The world is awash in data; currently there are some 500 billion gigabytes stored an amount that doubles every 18 months. But data is only useful if it is turned into information. That's the job of a data analyst.
Data analysis is the science of correctly collecting data, assessing it for trustworthiness, extracting information from it, and presenting it in a comprehensible informative way. These skills are vital to institutions such as government, business, or health care where sound decisions must be made based on data and the way it is interpreted.
This data analyst training program is designed for practitioners looking to derive answers from raw data, including "big data" sets, using a comprehensive range of statistical analyses and methods. If you're responsible for organizing and analyzing complex data, regardless of what industry you're in, you will benefit from the data analysis training offered in our online program.
The course will consist of interactive online lectures using Skype, Google+ or Webinars. The lectures will begin with theory introduction and its real world application followed by practical session on SPSS. Students are encouraged to share their data sets for use during the practicals however; the facilitator will share course data set and lecture slides in advance.
There is no assigned timeline for the sessions as this will be agreed between the student and the facilitator. The student can also opt to watch recoded video’s once they become available of select specific topics/sessions.
1. Present different types of data in an appropriate manner.
2. Perform statistical analysis.
3. Present findings of data analysis in a research proposal.
4. Identify areas/issues/situations where statistical analysis would be beneficial.
5. Collect, analyze and interpret data relevant to their decision-making.
6. Identify and interpret trends.
7. Use SPSS to calculate statistical measures and interpret SPSS outputs.
8. Understand how to apply relevant statistical techniques to solve the underlying problems/issues.
9. Report on statistical findings
- Research/Evaluation Design
- Data Collection Methods
- Introduction to SPSS
- Introduction to Data Analysis
- Types of Data
- Data Measurements
- Descriptive Statistics
- Proportions, Rates, Ratio’s, Percentages
- Central Location,
- Shape of Distribution
- Display of data
- frequency tables,
- charts and
- Introduction to probability
- Hypothesis Testing 1: Significance Testing (P-value) and Point Estimates (CI)
- Sampling and Sampling errors
- Probability Distribution (Binomial/Poisson)
- Cross-tabulation and Correlation
- Hypothesis Testing 2: Simple Regression
- Hypothesis testing for Multiple regression model
- Survival analysis
- Life tables
- Cox Regression
- Communication results
- Critical Issues to note on data analysis during report writing
- Policy Implications
Africa Center for Project Management was established in 2004 in Amsterdam with the Africa regional offices in Nairobi.The organization was corporate organizations in Africa and Asia by offering Online certificates and In-House trainings. The organization has over ten years experience working with development partners in capacity building in. We have trained over 5000 development and Business Professionals in various thematic areas.
Participants will need to use email, upload and download word docs,
PowerPoint files and PDFs, and post on the discussion board or send assignments by email. If you do not have internet speed sufficient to download materials, an offline DVD or hard copies course may be the right alternative for you. Materials Provided: Online delivery of curriculum materials, exercises and templates.
After they have read the material for each unit, students are expected to test their own Learning by completing some relevant exercises and tasks.
In order to demonstrate their understanding of the course content, students will be required to submit three assignments.
DURATION AND COURSE LOAD: 12 Weeks - 5 to 6 hours per week
DATES: (Three Months) Course Starts 1st of Every Month.
PARTICIPANTS: Development Professionals
REGIONS TARGETED: Global
COURSE FEE: $500
ORGANIZERS: Africa Center for Project Management
LANGUAGE: English only
FORMAT: Web-based and Distance Learning facilitated
GENERAL COURSE CONTACT: firstname.lastname@example.org