ACPM 125: Entrepreneurship Development Course
Africa Center for Project Management is pleased to announce a Certificate Course in Entrepreneurship Development Online and Distance Learning Course, which starts 1st of every month
This online Entrepreneurship Program is a revolutionary new online learning program designed to inspire and engage participants in the fundamental aspects of an entrepreneurial mindset and the unlimited opportunities it can provide. The overall objective is to empower learners through entrepreneurial thinking and immerse them in entrepreneurial experiences that will enable them to develop entrepreneurial skills.
This interdisciplinary course is designed to help students to discover and develop the personal attributes needed become a successful entrepreneur or intrapreneur. The core of the course focuses on the discovery and understanding of entrepreneurial attitudes and behaviours within oneself. The student will begin to understand the competencies required to be an entrepreneur through case studies, creative problem solving and exercises aimed at self-development. Students will identify, discuss and grow an idea about a business they might one day start. They will have an opportunity to participate in the business planning process.
Students who complete this course should be able to:-
- Research and evaluate the personal attributes and skills that characterize the “successful” entrepreneur.
- Compare their personal characteristics and interests to that of the “successful” entrepreneur.
- Identify and assess sources of support for small businesses and entrepreneurs.
- Research and explain issues relevant to entrepreneurs such as “green” business practices, environmental sustainability, social entrepreneurship, and intellectual property.
- Identify the critical factors that are used to identify business start-up ideas – including forms of ownership.
- Identify and evaluate methods of entering an entrepreneurship venture – including but not limited to starting a new venture, buying an existing business, or becoming a franchisee.
- Identify the financial, marketing, legal, human resource, operations, and general management skills that are necessary to successfully launch and operate a successful new venture.
- identify the critical concepts of business planning that are used to:
- increase the chances for business success;
- seek out financing sources
- Introduction to entrepreneurship concept
- Forms of business
- Preliminary preparation to become an entrepreneur
- Start up Business
- Business and Financial Management
- New forms of business strategy
- Marketing and branding (A case study of energy entrepreneur)
Africa Center for Project Management was established in 2004 in Amsterdam with the Africa regional offices in Nairobi. The organization was formed to address capacity building needs among development and corporate organizations in Africa and Asia by offering Online Certificates and In-House trainings. The organization has over ten years experience working with development partners in capacity building in. We have trained over 5000 development and Business Professionals in various thematic areas.
Participants will need to use email, upload and download word docs,
PowerPoint files and PDFs, and post on the discussion board or send assignments by email. If you do not have internet speed sufficient to download materials, an offline DVD or hard copies course may be the right alternative for you. Materials Provided: Online delivery of curriculum materials, exercises and templates.
After they have read the material for each unit, students are expected to test their own Learning by completing some relevant exercises and tasks.
In order to demonstrate their understanding of the course content, students will be required to submit three assignments.
DURATION AND COURSE LOAD: 8 Weeks - 5 to 6 hours per week
DATES: (Two Months) Course Starts 1st of Every Month.
REGIONS TARGETED: Global
COURSE FEE: $500
ORGANIZERS: Africa Center for Project Management
LANGUAGE: English only
FORMAT: Web-based and Distance Learning facilitated
GENERAL COURSE CONTACT: firstname.lastname@example.org